North Carolina Home Leveled by Explosion

by Editor on March 21, 2010

A Henderson County North Carolina home was destroyed yesterday when a deafening explosion, thought to be caused by propane, leveled the home. Fortunately, no one was in the home at the time. However, firefighters at the scene reported finding a dog (still living) in the home’s swimming pool. The dog was rescued, but “his hair was singed and he was deaf,” reported Michael Clark, the brother of the home’s owner.

The blast remains under investigation, as SBI and ATF investigators remain unsure what caused the home to explode..

Neighbors in this Mountain Home community say they were awaken by the ground shaking and a loud bang around 2 a.m. in the morning. “It’s the loudest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.” one neighbor said.

The homeowner’s brother, Michael Clark, told local reporters with News Channel 7 that he was still trying to piece together what may have lead to his brother’s former home being left in pieces. “How could a house that was here, that I saw, be destroyed this completely and that quickly?’ Clark said. I’ve heard rumors that there was a propane leak. Propane fills the house and it becomes one big bomb,” he said.

A video shot and recorded by News Channel 7 highlights the devastation caused by the explosion.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: